Thursday, October 2, 2008
I love cloth diapers. After discovering how wonderful cloth diapers are, I could never go back to paper. Well, most of Philip's diapers were worn out. After all, they were nearly 7 years old and on their 3rd child...I think we got our money's worth out of them. Since I've learned to sew I decided I would make some new diapers for Philip. This picture shows some of them. They are pocket type diapers, meaning they have to have something absorbent added to the middle. Yet they come apart for easy cleaning and quick drying. I stuff them with prefolds I already had. And I had plenty of waterproof covers too. I spent less than $20 on material for a dozen diapers! I used Rita's Rump Pocket diaper pattern (free). I think they turned out so cute! I love them. The monkey fabric is my favorite. I've made 11 so far, and have enough fabric for 8 or 9 more.